10 Ways to Fall In Love All Over Again11:34:00 PM
There are lots of great things about being in a long-term relationship: Research shows that happy couples, in many ways, have better health ...
There are lots of great things about being in a long-term relationship: Research shows that happy couples, in many ways, have better health and overall wellbeing than their single or divorced peers. After all, a loving partner can offer companionship, comfort, and physical and emotional support when you need it.
- That same rush of brain chemicals can also come from physical contact in bed—and not just during sex, either. Sleeping skin-to-skin, whether it's full-on spooning or even just touching toes, can have relationship benefits, too. In fact, a 2014 survey presented at the Edinburgh International Science Festival found that couples who slept the closest to each other reported having more relationship satisfaction. "Of course we don't know if sleeping apart causes dissatisfaction or if happier couples simply sleep closer, but why not just try to get closer and see if it helps?" says Walsh. "Get the toddler or the dog out of the bed and try snuggling for at least a few minutes."
- Relieve her occasionally.
If she is a stay home mom, take the kids some random afternoon. If she
makes dinner, take over that duty for a week. If she usually runs
errands on Saturday volunteer to take her list.
- "Long-term couples don't touch enough," says Wendy Walsh, clinical psychologist and founder of AskALoveGuru.com, a site that matches relationship therapists with potential clients. "When we touch—especially skin-to-skin—we get a little rush of the brain chemicals that help trigger those loving feelings." Think about how often you and your partner actually share physical contact on a daily basis. If it's just a quick peck on the lips before and after work, make an effort to step up your game, says Walsh. She cites research showing that a 20-second hug can trigger a significant oxytocin release. "Most married couples hug for three seconds or less," she says. "So I advise them, two to three times a day, to stop what they're doing and hold a long, calm embrace. It can change your biochemistry, and you'll begin to bond again."
- Both men and women need
to receive recognition for their own unique qualities. At the same time,
nobody likes to be compared with other people. If you want to have a
loving marriage, come to know your wife and respect her personality.
Another essential tip is to encourage her to develop her own interests
and hobbies. At the same time, if there is something that needs
improvement, don’t be rude but gently point out what needs her extra
attention. Remember, it is wonderful that your wife is unique. Don’t
make the mistake to compare her to your mom, to your ex-wife, or an old
girlfriend – that will upset her very much! Even if your mom makes the
best chocolate cake in the world, keep that to yourself and praise your
wife’s mastery in, say, preparing the best cherry brownie.
- "If you haven't put your family and your relationship on a technology diet yet, this is the year to do it," says Walsh. "Nothing is killing communication faster right now than guys starting at their iPhones while girls are trying to talk to them at the dinner table, or vice versa." Science supports her claim, too: In a 2014 Brigham Young University survey of heterosexual women, 70% felt that smartphones and other devices were interfering with their love lives. Walsh recommends forming an agreement with your partner to cut out phones and television at mealtimes and in the bedroom, or deciding together about specific times you will and will not use technology. "Otherwise, you won't give each other your full attention, and it's easy to become annoyed or feel disconnected."
- Advanced technology is very helpful in many occasions, being part of the world wide web enables us to talk to people that are on another continent and see places from all over the world whenever we want. However, there are also disadvantages of such mobility – we may sometimes become inattentive to the people, sitting next to us! People of all ages spend hours on the internet and by watching TV. At the same time, they complain about not have time for their family! There is more – people are addicted to video games, their iPhone or laptop. Isn’t it amazing how much time do we waste gazing at a screen instead of communicating with our close ones! If you are wise, you will shut down your computer and will invest time in your marriage. There are so many pleasant things to do with your wife – go for a walk or play a board game together.
- Begin every important or potentially difficult discussion with prayer. It displays leadership and helps ensure that your conversation will not turn into an unwanted argument.
- Usually, women are
overloaded with tasks to do and they live under enormous pressure,
especially when they have to take care about a family. That is how if
they manage to have even half an hour only for themselves, it will be
like a luxury for them. You know it by yourself that both men and women
sometimes need to slow down in order to recharge their batteries. This
is something especially important for a wife who spends all day at home
with her young children. We all live a stressful life. that is why it is
essential to preliminary schedule some time for relaxation. How to help
you wife? Show her your empathy and encourage her to have special
personal time. Because, if the woman next to you is happy and relaxed,
this will mean that your marriage will be a successful one.
- “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” If
you aim at creating a happy relationship, be a wise person with great
patience. It is sometimes crucial to wait a minute, to count by ten and
cool off before you react to a given situation. Remember, things that
are said in the “heat of the moment” cannot be taken back. In order to
avoid ruining your relationship, it is better to hold your tongue than
to say something unpleasant and hurt your wife. Have in mind that there
are always consequences of our words and actions, so be patient with
your girl. Even if you have to go for a walk to cool down.
- In order to show how important your life companion is for you, remember to continue to court your wife after marriage. Yes, indeed, we are all concerned about the family budget, but an occasional splurge could be extremely powering to your relationship. Learn who are her favorite flowers, buy her a beautiful jewellery from time to time (it doesn't have to be diamonds!), and take her out in a restaurant. This way you will show her how valuable she is for you. Give her a nice surprise and her heart will melt of love and joy! Money is important but to have a nice time with your family is more important!