5 Ways to Get Rid of the Halloween Treats8:37:00 PM
Its October 14, Halloween is almost here, so let’s be honest. We are secretly excited about all the...
Its October 14, Halloween is almost here, so let’s be honest. We are secretly excited
about all the candy and at the same time having panic attacks over the
amount of sweets that is about enter our homes. Not only is the candy
within our reach, but it’s within our kiddos reach too. Not only is it
bad for their bellies and their overall health, it’s horrible for their
teeth. How do we get rid of all this candy before we put on extra
pounds, before the kids get cavities and how do we get them to
relinquish their stash?
But, you don’t have to eat it. Heck, you don’t even have to keep the candy! Here are a few ways to get all that sugary Halloween candy out of your house!
Science, Math & Art Projects
- Count the pieces of candy.
- Sort the candy by shape, size and color.
- Add different types of candies to water overnight and see what happens.
- Melt different types of candies and examine what happens.
- Glue hard candies to picture frames to make them colorful.
- Let the kids pick out some charitable organizations.
- Place candies into the bags and tie with a bow.
- Let the kids drop off the bags so they can see how much it is appreciated.
- Let the kids make thank you cards for each box.
- Place candy into the boxes.
- Add some other goodies to the boxes as well like; cards, games, movies and practical items like chap stick and sunscreen.
- This will come in handy for next year’s gingerbread house.
- Have the kids pick out what they would want and need for their houses.
- Check out pictures online of gingerbread houses to get them into the spirit.
- Bring leftovers for your boss and co-workers to enjoy.
- Place it on the receptionist desk and in the lobby.