10 Tips To Helping You Sleep Better4:35:00 PM
How to sleep better? When it comes to sleep many of us have a hard time getting enough winks. Many...
How to sleep better? When it comes to sleep many of us have a hard time getting enough winks.
Many of us often lay awake at night trying to count those sheep hoping
that they will help us fall fast asleep. But the truth is those sheep
almost never work. We all know that lack of sleep can have a negative
effect on our daily lives. If you are suffering from lack of sleep,
there are some things that you can do to improve your chances of getting
a good night’s rest. Below is a list of ten things that you can do to
help you fall asleep fast.
1. Sleep in complete darkness – By sleeping in a room that is completely dark it will help to increase melatonin levels in your body. Melatonin is a hormone that helps promote sleep.
2. Unplug early – One hour before bed turn off all electrical devices such as your TV, Smartphone, computer and other electronics. This will help your body to naturally unwind getting you ready for sleep.
3. Cut out those naps – While some believe that a nap will help you regain some energy it just might hurt you in the long run. If you sleep too much during the day you might have trouble sleeping at night.
4. Stop looking at the clock – If you are one of those people who wake-up during the night and stare at your alarm clock you just might be hindering your sleep. A great way to avoid looking at your clock is to hide it under the bed.
5. Keep the room cool – Most people sleep best when the room temperature is between 68 and 72 degrees. So if it is hot outside make sure to crank that AC up before you go to bed.
6. Save your bed for sleep – While you might be tempted to watch TV or play with your laptop while laying in your bed, it might hamper your chances at a good night’s rest. So save your bed for sleeping.
7. Get your internal clock on track – When you go to bed at different times each day you are sending your body the wrong message. In order to reset your internal clock make sure to start going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday. This will help you fall asleep fast without waking up until morning.
8. Wait one hour after eating – Eating a heavy meal and getting right into bed is not good for your waistline nor is it conducive to a good nights rest. So make sure to wait at least one hour after you have eaten to go to bed.
9. Don’t fill up on water – One thing that will keep you up at night is a full bladder. So make sure to drink water only up to 2 hours before going to bed. This will help reduce the need to get up and go to the bathroom during the night.
10. Stop smoking – Nicotine is a stimulant and will cause you many nights of restless sleep. So cut out those smokes and you just might notice you are sleeping much better at night.
Have we missed any? What do you do to help sleep better?
If You found this article helpful, please consider to share on social media, so many other people may get helped.