5 Ways to Master a Healthy Breakfast without Breaking a Sweat7:19:00 AM
Studies show that eating a healthy breakfast (as opposed to the kind containing doughnuts) can help give you: A more nutritionally complet...
Studies show that eating a healthy breakfast
(as opposed to the kind containing doughnuts) can help give you: A more
nutritionally complete diet, higher in nutrients, vitamins and
minerals. Improved concentration and performance in the classroom or the
Do you find yourself skipping breakfast because you don’t have enough time in the morning? Or, even worse, grabbing a breakfast that is quick, but unhealthy?
“To stay productive, you need to fuel yourself with the right foods.”
Are You Fueling Yourself with The Right Foods?A couple of days ago, I found myself up late enjoying a couple of glasses of wine and mindlessly watching Netflix.
As I clicked to watch just one more episode, I told myself, “I deserve a little downtime, I worked hard today.”
30 minutes passed and I looked at the time and noticed I was only going to get 6 hours of sleep. Not to mention I had another busy day of work ahead of me. Smart right?
So, to squeak out as much sleep time as I could, I set my alarm back a couple of minutes, leaving me less time for my morning routine and hit the hay.
The alarm went off and the chaos began!
After rushing to get ready and going over my day mentally, I was left with 5 minutes to grab something to eat.
Does this ever happen to you?
Luckily, I was prepared with a quick healthy option to make sure I had the fuel needed to stay productive throughout my day and avoid thoughtless snacking later.
I threw some protein powder, strawberries, banana, spinach, and ice in a blender, and was out the door with a delicious smoothie to drink on the way to my first appointment.
Here are 5 Ways to Master a Healthy Breakfast Without Breaking a Sweat:
- Green Smoothie – combine 1 cup of spinach or kale, ½ banana, 1 cup fruit (berries, cherries, pineapple, etc.) and 1 scoop of protein powder.
- Avocado Toast & Hard Boiled Egg – easy as it sounds. Toast some whole wheat bread, spread avocado on top, and enjoy with a hard-boiled egg or two on the side.
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait – mix plain Greek yogurt with your favorite fruit and add granola to top it off (preferably gluten-free). You can also add some almond butter or honey to sweeten it up, but be careful not to start your day off with too much sugar.
- Toast, almond butter & banana – Spread almond or peanut butter on some whole wheat toast and add some sliced bananas on top.
- Overnight Oats – Mix ½ cup oats with ½ cup milk or your choice of yogurt. Add Chia seeds and/or nut butter to the mix, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add fresh fruit and/or nuts in the morning and enjoy!
Jump Start Your Productivity with the Right FuelAll of these breakfast options take no more than five minutes, and are a great way to start your day with a balanced meal that will fuel you to get your most important work done.
Pick up some of these ingredients at the grocery store during your next visit so you can prepare for your next chaotic morning.
As Benjamin Franklin said, “If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”