10 Reasons You Should Never Fall For the Forbidden Fruit9:37:00 PM
Very often, we fall in love with people who are like a forbidden fruit for us. We know that we can’t or shouldn’t be with them, but still g...
Very often, we fall in love with people who are like a forbidden fruit
for us. We know that we can’t or shouldn’t be with them, but still go
ahead with the mistake. Here are a few reasons of why you should never
fall for the forbidden fruit.
1. You will never desire the right personSome people have the tendency to fall for only those things that are not easily available to them. If this becomes a pattern, then it would be highly problematic for you to deal with your life. After a point, no matter what, intentionally or unintentionally you will fall for people who are a forbidden fruit for you, amounting to no substantial relationships in life.
2. You may get into a challenging one-sided relationshipMost forbidden relationships end up being one-sided painful relationships. You invest so much of your time and energy in order to achieve someone, who is eventually either not interested in you or belongs to somebody else. In due course, you end up being involved in it with no response from the other side, and that could cause a lot of mental frustration and pressure to you.
3. You are getting into something badThere is a reason why anything or anyone is forbidden. The reasons can range from the person being involved with someone else to him being emotionally unavailable. Or it could be a person with whom you have no future for various reasons. These reasons are something you should never forget. They will constantly remind you that what you are getting into is not good for you.
4. You may end up destroying a part of youIn the course of all the fun and excitement that a relationship with a forbidden fruit brings along with it, there is an amount of destruction too that one might face. You may not realize it, and at a subconscious level, you might end up changing things about you. You might give up on your principles, and while it may seem doable in the beginning, it can hurt you a lot in the long run.
5. Your ego will be hurt once things fall apartGenerally, when you fall for a forbidden fruit, you do it against everyone’s will. There are people who will stop you because they care for you and mean well, but you fight them, act stubborn and still go ahead with the relationship. However, when things don’t work out, you will find yourself falling back on these people. And that can hurt your ego in an irreparable way. You should realize that sometimes when you are in love (or you think you are in love), you tend to overlook a lot of practical things, which only your friends can point out for you. It doesn’t hurt to listen to them for a change.
6. You won’t receive respect from peopleAs mentioned earlier, this can become a pattern. You will tend to always fall for the forbidden fruit. And if it is something you compulsively get attracted to, then people around you will also notice this. Eventually, these people will lose all respect for you, as they would feel that you do not have any respect for yourself in the first place.
7. You will waste a lot of timeYou invest a lot in such a relationship emotionally. But if you look at such situations practically, you will realize that you lose out on a lot of time like this, which could have rather been invested in something constructive. We live very busy lives, and we all have some or the other purpose to keep us going. But relationships with forbidden fruits can’t be our purpose of life. Only relationships that deserve us, deserve the kind of time we invest in it. You need to realize the worth of both, a relationship, and the time we spend on it, and then act accordingly.
8. You may take people for grantedThere are a lot of people around you, who are easily available. They are good for you and are capable of loving you more than anybody else. You overlook them in between all the madness you have in your life for things that are forbidden to you. You need to look out of the forbidden area. Look out for someone who appreciates your worth, and is actually available for you. Be with a person who is capable of having a healthy relationship with you.
9. You might feel lonelyIt is very easy to feel lonely in a relationship like this. Since the involvement is only from one side, there is a lack of company. This kind of loneliness can affect your mental ability to think good for yourself, and can lead to depression. A relationship, above all, is to provide you with happines, and to give you company. And if you feel lonely, then you are not exactly in a relationship.
10. You may be taken for grantedWhen you do something for a person who is forbidden for you, that person knows that you are going to such an extent for him, despite knowing the fact that he is giving nothing to the relationship. If you keep continuing like this, then in due course of time, the person would feel that he can take you for granted, and can ask for anything. A lot of unnecessary expectations follow. You will not even mind doing such things for the person because you think that will help to win him, but for him, he has someone to fulfill his demands without any expectations in return. You need to realize that this simply means you are being taken advantage of.
One should keep all these things in mind when falling for the wrong person. A forbidden fruit may seem exciting initially, but you need to get over that excitement and get a reality check. You need to see what is good for you in the long run and must go for that, instead of looking at short-term meaningless relationships.