40 Rules all Men Must Know to Live Well5:54:00 PM
Any time someone tries to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do, the rebellious little teenager in ...
Any time someone tries to tell me what I should or shouldn’t
do, the rebellious little teenager in me wants to flip him the bird and
do the opposite, just for the hell of it. Obviously, that’s not a very
mature perspective and it’s an urge that should be suppressed, but
still. Rules often have a way of taking the fun out things, and the
temptation to buck them is always there.
Rules for men To FollowSo anyway, here’s my take on the rules that every man should live by. Your version may vary, but probably not by much. But if you do happen to disagree, fuck it. Do what you want. Who am I to tell you how to live?
But if you have a habit of breaking any of these little nuggets of wisdom, I’m betting you probably don’t have too many friends.
40 Rules all Men Must Know
- Know what you want. Don’t go around asking for approval.
- Always love and respect your parents.
- Never cheat on your girlfriend/wife.
- On the bus always give up your seat to the elderly, pregnant women, and mothers with their kids.
- Don’t lend money to your family. Give it.
- Never try to steal your friend’s girl.
- Don’t put others down.
- Don’t participate in gossip.
- At the gym wear nice clothes. You will interact with a lot of different kinds of professionals there and first impressions are everything.
- Don’t ever take selfies.
- In emails and texts don’t use short form.
- No matter how mad you may be at your family, keep it in the family.
- Don’t brag.
- Listen. Girls like to talk about themselves.
- Never use the term: “Shit happens.” Put in more efforts into comforting that person.
- If talking to someone you don’t want to, make a polite excuse and leave.
- Never talk religion with anyone. Keep it to yourself.
- Don’t follow others.
- Don’t waste your life away being on your phone and computer all the time.
- When making plans, call. Don’t text.
- Know how to fix things around the house.
- Don’t be intimidated by anyone.
- Know how to fight.
- Have hobbies.
- Don’t be afraid to go and watch a movie alone.
- Learn to be patient and relaxed.
- Never stop learning new skills.
- Read books and keep the mind fresh.
- Read the newspaper.
- When your parents don’t make any sense, put up with it anyways. Its too hard for them to change at this age.
- Never split the check. Always pay it.
- Play chess at least twice a week. Keeps the mind super fresh.
- Buy your mom flowers for no reason.
- Don’t date/bang your friends’ sisters, no matter what you’ve learned from sitcoms.
- Don’t cheat on your woman. It’s douchey. But…
- When you first meet your friend’s new girl, act like she’s all he ever talks about.
- Don’t take a sip from another man’s drink.
- If your buddy is moving, you have to help.
- Never take your friend’s last beer.
- If you give someone your word, fucking keep it.
- Any violation of any of these rules constitutes an ass-beating.
- Never try to pass a quote off as your own. If you’re gonna say it, know who said it first and give them credit.